Thursday, November 17, 2016

How Can It Almost Be Thanksgiving?


Thanksgiving Day is exactly one week away, and I am still trying to figure out what the hell happened to summer.  Christmas decorations are going up, daylight savings time is over, and darkness comes around five in the afternoon in Denver these days.  A very depressing time, as far as I'm concerned.  In northern regions, I imagine it is dark 24/7, which must be ten times worse.  I once thought of booking a flight on Icelandic Air to Reykjavik during December, thinking the flight would be dirt cheap, but it was still $700 round trip.  So forget it.  I definitely intend to celebrate the winter solstice - when the light gradually starts to return - big time this year.  Those Druids definitely know what is important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment