Sunday, November 27, 2016

Time For Canon Camera Number Three


I have used a Canon G9 camera for many years now, but unfortunately not the same one.  The first G9, which I bought new, I dropped on the sidewalk of the Santa Fe Arts District here in Denver, and when I brought it in to be repaired, I was told it was too old for them to repair.  Talk about an insult to recycling. Happily, I found I could buy a used replacement for the same amount it would have cost to fix it.  However, just a few weeks after I received the new used camera (seen in the photograph above), I'll be damned if I didn't drop it on the brick pavement in front of the Jax Seafood House, which many years ago used to be the The Terminal Bar, one of Jack Kerouac's Denver hangouts.  Did the ghost of Jack Kerouac reach out, grab the camera, and smash it to the ground in anger?  That's my explanation.  In any case, at first the camera didn't work, but later on that night it did.  But I always used to have trouble with it, often having to fiddle with the damn thing before it would finally turn on.  Then, while going through security at the airport last week, my camera case slid off my belt and hit the floor, and that was that.  When I told of this tragedy to my friends and relatives, they actually seemed pretty happy about it, but I could tell that inside they were weeping - no more candid photographs of them to put on my blog.  But don't underestimate the strength of the internet's used camera market.  My new used Canon G9 (a steal at $135, with postage paid) arrived yesterday. Watch out people, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment