Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Moscow Rules


I just finished reading Daniel Silva's spy novel Moscow Rules, and as usual, it was an exciting and absorbing tale.  It once again features Israeli spy Gabriel Allon and the usual cast of characters, this time trying to stop an unscrupulous Russian oligarch from selling sophisticated missiles to al-Qaeda.  The novel finishes with a harrowing escape from Russia.  As I mentioned in a previous Blog, I accidentally read the sequel to this story -The Defector - first by mistake, which at least allowed me to know beforehand that the story would have a happy ending, of sorts.  And after reading quite a few of Silva's books, I think I would advise younger readers to avoid a career as a spy. The tension will kill you, if the Russians and terrorists don't.  Perhaps law might be a better, but much more boring choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment