Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Goodbye - For Now - To Stuart, Florida


I said goodbye to Stuart, Florida - for now, anyway - hoping my condo will now be acceptable to someone wanting to rent it for the season.  I did my best, but when you rent a place, there are always things people wind up being unhappy about.  We'll just have to see, I guess.  In any case, on my last day in Stuart, I walked through Shepard's Park, located along the St. Lucie River on the west side of town.  The park has a nice boardwalk, allowing you to walk out into the river past the mangroves and get a feel for what the riverside looked like before the explosion of condo developments in the area.  A few summers ago, I went there at sunset and found a large group of hippie types playing various kind of drums, evoking images from the 1960s.  There were no hippies this time, and so I headed to the Sunset Bay Marina, where I took the above photo.  It somehow seems appropriate to end each visit here with a sunset photo, even if my old photograph professor at the University of Denver says they are cliches.  In point of fact, I am very fond of cliches.

No comments:

Post a Comment