Friday, November 18, 2016

Best State Ever!


I just finished reading Dave Barry's new book Best State Ever, and found it pretty amusing.  It is a humorous defense of the State of Florida, which Dave Barry feels has become a laughing stock for the rest of the country.  Not only is the book funny, but I found it pretty informative, too.  As I mentioned the previous week, I visited Florida's Silver Springs for the first time in 53 years with my friends Ana Silvia and Joe last month. Silver Springs, an old time Florida tourist attraction, is now a state park, and I was very surprised to read in Barry's book that Wiki Waki Springs - famous for it's kitchie underwater mermaid routines  - is also now a state park.  Florida is making an effort to save it's past, and I find that an admirable thing.  Life is still good in the Sunshine State!

No comments:

Post a Comment