Monday, November 28, 2016

The Christmas Season Has Begun!




Thanksgiving and Black Friday are clearly in the rear view mirror, and the Christmas holiday season is now underway.  Here in Denver, the "Downtown Denver Grand Illumination" event took place last Friday night, lighting up all of downtown, including the City and County Building and Union Station. After visiting the art museum yesterday afternoon, I decided to drop by Union Station to see the building's facade and the Christmas tree out front.  I was sorry to see neither a colorful facade nor a lighted tree, and instead went inside to take photographs.




As long as I was here anyway, I decided to get a pint of beer (Yes - just one! They cost a lot here) at the Terminal Bar, seen in the photograph on the right.  And as regular Blog readers know, this Terminal Bar is named after the original Terminal Bar, a Jack Kerouac hangout that used to be located in a building just down the street.  And let's face it - this is not Kerouac's kind of hangout.  I don't think he would have been too crazy about the hipster atmosphere, especially if he had to pay more than 80 cents for a beer. My kind of guy. And by the way - I guess I was just there too early to see the Christmas lights.  They are evidently just meant for night owls.

No comments:

Post a Comment