Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Florida Kind Of Weekend!


I spent this past weekend in Stuart, Florida, where my sister Susan and I own a condo inherited from my mother Mary.  It was not exactly a pleasure trip - I was trying to fix the place up to rent for the season (January thru March or April).  It definitely needs work, but I had a little bit of fun on the trip, too, including visiting my friends Ana Silvia and Joe, who moved to Ocala, Florida this past spring. They bought a house just down the street from Silver Springs, which I visited with my parents and my Grandmother Spillard on a trip to Pompano Beach back in 1963.  And by the way, the photograph above was taken in 1992 of the St. Lucie River at sunset, just a few hundred feet from our condo. Sadly, the egret that used to hang out down there and Stewie Anderson's sailboat are both long gone, but the river and those beautiful sunsets are still there.  Thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment