Sunday, November 12, 2017

A Rio Grande Celebration



I took my sister Susan out to The Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant Friday night in Fort Collins to celebrate a highly successful 7 hour operation to remove cancer from her husband George's lower intestine.  George's sister Mary Ann came out here from New Jersey to help out, and we all waited in the surgery lobby until we could visit George in the late afternoon.  When the surgeon came in to talk to us, I was surprised to see she appeared to be a teenage girl.  Although she did a good job, I really don't think they should let teenage girls do major surgery until they are at least 18, but that is just me.  Mary Ann googled her, and found she graduated from the University of Miami back in 2008, so she does have 9 years of experience behind her. The University of Miami, of course, is a major party school (lots of afternoons and evenings at Monte Trainer's along the bay), but I was not able to mention this to George before he went under the knife.  In any case, George is doing well and is asking for both his cell phone and rum.  Since George was not with us, and my sister threatens me with bodily harm if I try to take a photograph of her these days, I took the liberty of photo-shopping the two of them into the photograph above.  And, by the way, this is the first time I have ever eaten at Rio Grande, and it was very good.  The lines are always out the door at their restaurant in Denver, so I knew it had to be pretty decent.  However, for some reason I thought it was named after the Rio Grande Railroad, and was surprised to see no railroad memorabilia around.  That's right - there's actually a river along the border by that name, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment