Monday, November 20, 2017

Monday Morning Victorians



I took the above photograph just as I pulled away from the corner of 13th and Josephine, as I was heading toward the local Denver bookstore where I work as the bookkeeper.  These Victorians look really nice in the morning sunshine, and as I have mentioned many times before, were once a bargain, but no more.  They have been purchased, remodeled, and primped, and now cost a small fortune. And the Congress Park neighborhood where they are located has gone from inner city to gentrified.  To someone from California or the east coast, they are still a bargain.  However, for someone who is just starting out and looking for their first home, they will have to move out to the eastern plains to find something they can afford.  Which means a long commute to work.  And although it really isn't close to the Kansas State line out there, it sure looks like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment