Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!



Yes - I do realize that I use this photograph every year, but it is the only one I am pretty sure was taken of us on Thanksgiving.  And I was just so cute back then.  From left to right are Aunt Kitty (my Grandfather Spillard's sister), my mother Mary, her mother Louise, (my Grandmother Spillard), my Grandmother Hoyt, and me, at my charming best.  In the cage in the background is Petie the bird. I wish my sister and I could go back in time to that house in the south side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago and join them today, but I still cannot get my hands on a flux capacitor, let alone a Delorean, and so it will be off to the hospital to visit my brother-in-law George, who we very much hope will be doing well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment