Monday, November 6, 2017

The 40th Denver Film Festival



The Denver Film Festival began it's 10 day run this past weekend, and since one of it's main venues is right across the courtyard from the bookstore where I work, I have been able to catch the coming and goings of some notables in the film industry.  I know they are notables, because I can see people posing and being photographed by the paparazzi out the window of the bookstore.  I saw a bunch of red-jacketed Guardian Angels on my break Saturday afternoon, and took the photograph on the left.  It didn't take much digging to figure out they were promoting the movie Vigilante, the story of Curtis Sliwa and the founding of the Guardian Angels.


When I was leaving the store around 6:00, there was a large group of people taking photographs of the people in the photograph on the right.  I am pretty sure they are a cross-section of the film directors, producers, and actors whose films are being featured in the coming 10 days, but I haven't the vaguest idea of who any of them are. A lot of the spectators did, however, and were calling out their names so they could get a more personalized shot.  And since they were taking photographs, I did too.  A celebrity is a celebrity, even if you don't know who they are.  All I know is that none of them were George Clooney or Susan Sarandon, and so I maneuvered through the crowd and up the parking garage stairs to my car and headed for Pepper to get some Chinese takeout.  I do have my priorities, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment