Thursday, November 16, 2017

The View From Loveland



I drove up to Fort Collins this afternoon to pick up my sister and drive her down to Loveland to visit with her husband George, who is in the hospital recovering from a serious operation.  Loveland is located just south of Fort Collins, and is famous for re-mailing valentines with a Loveland postmark every February.  I also recall a song by Wayne King called "I'd love to live in Loveland with a lovely girl with you," but I don't think he specifically had Loveland, Colorado in mind, but i could be wrong.  Wayne King is long gone, so we can't ask him.  In any case, I took the above photograph out the window of George's ICU hospital room instead of taking a photograph of him.  I suspect he would not like to see a photograph of himself with tubes going into (and out of) his nose and everywhere else, and even I am not that insensitive, even though it would have made a much better photo.  Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment