Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Visit To The Capitol Hill Neighborhood



The Finance Manager of the local Denver bookstore chain where I work retired last month, and I have inherited the job of filing the company's sales taxes each month. Therefore, when the next sales tax class was offered by the State of Colorado, I headed down to the Capitol Hill neighborhood to attend that seminar.  I arrived early, and therefore had time to take a self-portrait in front of Colorado's State Capitol.  It was built in the 1890s and has a distinctive gold dome covered in real gold leaf.  And yes, they do have security guards that will stop you from climbing the roof to scrap that gold off, even if you tell them you were just looking for the restroom.  Trust me - it didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment