Saturday, December 2, 2017

The First Friday Of December



Yesterday was the 1st Friday of December, and I headed to the Santa Fe Arts District (located on Santa Fe Drive here in Denver) after work for the First Friday Art Walk.  It was a lot less crowded than in the summer, but there was still a fairly good crowd walking around, although the Michael Warren Contemporary Gallery - seen in the photograph on the left - was pretty empty.  They are currently displaying the art of Margaret Boozer, whose works of clay represent the landscape (harbors in this exhibit), but to me looks like cracked mud hanging on the walls.  I'm not exactly sure who would want to hang these things in their house, although I'm sure it would be a good conversation starter at parties.




There was also, as usual, musical entertainment, although I didn't hang around too long to listen.  At least the fellow in the photograph on the right was singing a song you could listen to, as opposed to the band in a gallery down the street, where the decibel level was about the same as a jet airplane taking off. Why do they do that?  As I have mentioned before, they play that hellishly loud and obnoxious music at ball games, soccer games, bars, you name it.  You can't hear yourself think, let alone have a conversation.  Am I truly becoming an old curmudgeon or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment