Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Eve!



This is New Year's Eve,  the time when everyone throughout the world celebrates the end of the old year and the beginning of the new.  This year for New Year's Eve I am featuring a photograph of my mother Mary and father Nelson back in 1968, celebrating behind the bar in the family room of our home in Country Club Hills, in the south suburbs of Chicago.  We moved there in 1966 so that I could attend a high school which provided a far better education than the one I would have received at Calumet High School, my mother and sister Susan's Alma mater.  I did not like Country Club Hills - it was treeless and the homes all looked alike.  I was not all that crazy about Rich Central High School, either.  It was a good thing when my parent's moved down to Stuart, Florida, which they absolutely loved, in 1976 and I moved on to my very first apartment in Forest Park, just east of Chicago - a studio across the street from the L" train barn and the Daisy Hill meatpacking plant, which I also liked quite a bit.  In any case, that is neither here nor there. Happy New Year's Eve everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment