Sunday, December 17, 2017

IQ



I am currently reading IQ, a private eye novel by Joe Ide.  It is the story of a freelance detective in East Long Beach, California, who takes only the cases he wants, but whose clients usually don't have the money to pay him for his services.  Running out of money, he reluctantly takes on a case brought to him by a former "gangsta" friend, investigating the attempted murder of a famous rap star.  The book has gotten rave reviews, and I have found parts of it a very exciting read indeed.  This is the first book in a series, and the second book, Righteous, has just been released.  Will I read the second book?  Maybe. I'm still deciding about how much I like IQ.  Sometimes I have to finish a book and think about it before I make that decision.  So many books, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment