Saturday, December 9, 2017

Getting Together With the DU Gang At Bonnie Brae



I got together with some of the old DU Bookstore gang at the Bonnie Brae Tavern last night, and it was a really nice evening.  We all caught up on what each other has been up to, and at the end of dinner I decided to take a group photo for the Blog.  It wasn't until I got home that I realized that I had not included Wally, my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore co-worker in the photo, who still works at the bookstore.  No matter - I have files and files of photographs of all the DU Bookstore people (thye come in pretty handy, by the way), and I simply photo-shopped Wally into the picture.  And so, front and center is Wally, and then going around the table clockwise are Wally's wife Linda; Renee, wife of Bill (former operations manager of the store), who is seated just to her right;  Ruthie and Dale (parents of Mark), and Mark, who works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library).  The Bonnie Brae Tavern, by the way, is famous for it's pizza, and has been located at the same spot in Denver's Bonnie Brae neighborhood since June 6th, 1934.  That is a long time.  In fact, I think they still had dirt paths instead of roads in the neighborhood back then.  It was probably not easy to get your pizza and beer back then, but by golly, Denverites did it.  Talk about determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment