Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Baseball Update



There is just a little over 6 weeks left in the 2018 baseball season, and that means it is time for a status check.  The Colorado Rockies are only one game behind the Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League West, and it looks like they will make the playoffs for a second year in a row.  Meanwhile, in the National League Central, the North Side (and I might add, elitist) Chicago Cubs, are 3 games ahead of the St. Louis Cardinals, and it looks like they will win their division and also be in the playoffs.  Meanwhile, on the South Side of Chicago, where I was born and raised, the Chicago White Sox are 30 games out of first place in the American League Central Division, and are not headed for anything but golf in the month of October.  And for all true South Siders, that is not a surprise, although White Sox television announcer Steve Stone did promise at the end of last season that this would be a big year for the White Sox.  Personally, I feel he owes me a refund for my MLB.com subscription, since it was his prediction that made me subscribe.  But on the other hand, this year the White Sox have played exactly like they did the last time I watched them on a regular basis, back in 1980.  And it was indeed very nostalgic.  I wonder where Allan Banister is today?

No comments:

Post a Comment