Thursday, August 16, 2018

English Soccer Season Has Begun!






As I am sure everyone in the world already knows by now (at least in the U.K. anyway), the English soccer season began this past weekend, and will go on until the end of time (just kidding - I am sure it will end some day).  In any case, my friend Mark is very excited about the start of the season, and gave me a soccer opening day card, the photograph on it I am featuring on the left.  It shows Mark and his friend Barrie (pronounced "Bar E") at a Leeds, England soccer match this past spring.  Barrie is a long time fan, evidently, and has a season ticket in a section where everyone stands for the entire game.  I myself often stand for entire Colorado Rockies baseball games, but not out of loyalty to the team - just because I am too cheap to buy a decent seat.  But standing the entire game when you have a seat to sit in?  Obviously a completely different culture.  A crazy culture, but a completely different one none-the-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment