Thursday, August 9, 2018

Remembering George



My brother-in-law George, my sister Susan's husband, passed away this past Sunday at the age of 75.  I have known George since I was a surly 16 year old, almost 50 years ago now, ever since he and Susan got married back in 1969.  George was a really great person, loved by everyone, and so it is a very sad time for Susan, his sister Mary Ann, myself, and everyone else who knew him.  He was battling both cancer and heart disease, and I'm afraid the combination was just too much.  Sad as it is, it is important to remember the happy times we all spent together, some of which I have featured in the collage above.  Going clockwise from the upper left, it shows George and Susan doing some cross country skiing, George and myself celebrating the end of a long day of hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park; Susan, George, and my mother Mary on Thanksgiving Day, and George barbecuing steaks back on Memorial Day 2017.  Rest in peace George.

1 comment:

  1. With fond memories I send you and Susan my love. Be well, take good care of each other.

    ReplyDelete