Saturday, August 4, 2018

Mark And Jaguars



I took the above photograph of my friend Mark, who works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library), Friday afternoon in front of a Jaguar, as we were leaving the Rocky Mountain Book and Paper Fair. Mark is a car buff (not nearly as rabid about cars as about soccer, thank goodness), and spotted the Jaguar in the parking lot.  He is a member of the Denver chapter of the Jaguar Club, even though he does not own a Jaguar, which to me seems like it should be a requirement for entry.  I strongly recommend he buy one immediately, possibly an XKE model (the one with the long front hood), which I remember looking at each year when my parents and I would visit the Chicago Auto Show at the old McCormick Place, back in Chicago. In any case, Mark told me he is going to an auto race with a fellow Jaguar Club member out in Byers, Colorado today.  As far as I know, Byers is close to the Colorado-Kansas State line, where there is lots of room to race.  Kind of like Siberia, but warmer and with more cattle.  Enjoy Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment