Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Is There A Smashburger Shake Support Group?



As regular readers know, I have been driving up to Fort Collins from Denver a lot lately, helping out my sister Susan and brother-in-law George during his battle with cancer (which he sadly lost a little over a week ago).  I have been driving my sister to the grocery store, library, bank, and other places to run errands, but we always finish up stopping at Smashburger, so she can pick up a chocolate shake with whipped cream to go.  She tells me she drinks a little at a time, even getting up in the middle of the night to take a sip.  She now has me going in to buy them, claiming she has a bad back, but I think she is avoiding going in because all the people who work there know her on a first name basis now.  She also tells me she got a bill for $800 from Seniors Helping Seniors for driving services on the days I am not there.  That is a LOT of chocolate shakes. Surely there is a support group for people with this kind of problem.  The most infuriating thing of all is that she doesn't gain a pound.  How can that possibly be?

No comments:

Post a Comment