Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The Outer Sunset



I must admit, when my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore co-worker Wally started talking about San Francisco at Spank's Urban Roadhouse this past Friday, I got very nostalgic for that city.  It has been about 6 years since I have visited that wonderful city, so I think it is about time to go back.  It is such a beautiful place, very urban and exciting, but I think my favorite part of the city is the Outer Sunset neighborhood.  It is right along the Pacific, and you can climb the cliffs and see spectacular vistas from up there.  The last time I visited, it was covered in fog, and the fog horns sounded continuously in the distance.  I walked from the heights, down along the beach, and finally through the Outer Sunset neighborhood itself, where you could barely see in front of you.  I wound up stopping at a bar called the Riptide, just a stone's throw from the beach, a very cozy space with a fireplace going along the back wall.  I thought to myself that I would really enjoy living here.  All I needed was a little resolve and perhaps 5 million dollars.  And so the next day flew home and went back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment