Wednesday, August 15, 2018

What The Hail Is Going On?



It doesn't rain much here in Denver these days, but when it does, it always seems to be accompanied by hail in at least some parts of the metro area.  Yesterday we had a storm which once again brought severe hail to Golden, just to the west of Denver.  And just last week they had baseball size hail at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs, which destroyed virtually every car in the parking lot, every zoo building's skylights, and even killed a number of animals.  Last year hail practically destroyed a mall in Golden, Colorado, and broke all the windows in my friend Stuart's car, not to mention breaking the skylight in his Lakewood apartment, bringing rain into his living room (refreshing, but also annoying, I am sure).  My new car was severely damaged in 2015, just months after I bought it.  And scientists say it will only get worse, due to climate change.  What is the answer when you live in a severe hail zone like this?  My only advise is that if you have only minor hail damage, do not get it fixed.  It is just an invitation to bring down the "big one" on your home and car. Trust me.  I know all about karma.  I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment