Sunday, August 26, 2018

More About George...



Yesterday we had a memorial service for my brother-in-law George, who passed away August 5th from a combination of heart failure and cancer.  It was a nice service, well attended by George's friends and co-workers.  His sister Mary Ann, cousin Laure Ann, and sister in-law Nancy were all there, too, as well as Susan and George's and my friend Stuart.  George was well loved by all, and will be missed.  And today I am featuring a photograph of George and my sister Susan that I took on the Glacier Gorge trail in Rocky Mountain National Park, which starts just before you reach Bear Lake, one of the park's most popular destinations and which Laure Ann, who is from Indianapolis, is visiting today.  I think this was the last time we went hiking together. George developed heart trouble a number of years ago and eventually could no longer get out on the trail.  In recent years he could only walk short distances, which was a shame, but as always, he dealt with it just fine.  And no, I have no idea what George is wearing on his head, or why, in the above photograph.  Just George being George, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment