Monday, August 6, 2018

Getting Together With The Old DU Bookstore Gang



I hosted a get-together with the old University of Denver Bookstore gang yesterday evening at my condo, conveniently located directly across the street from DU.  It was technically a pool party, but nobody actually went into the water - you might get wet that way.  I made my world famous chili for the occasion, with everyone else bringing salads, hors d'oeuvres, corn bread, snacks, wine, and lots more.  It was good to see everyone again and find out what they have been up to lately.  Afterwards, we had a photo taken by a passerby of all of us, including me, which was both a good and bad thing.  Good, because I am included in the group, and bad, because I can see with my own eyes that what my sister Susan said is true - I AM getting kind of chunky.  In any case, in the photo above (from left to right) are me, Bill (the former Operations Coordinator of the bookstore), his wife Renee;  Valarie, the former Operations Manager of the store, her husband Jake; Chris, the former Accounts Payable Assistant at the store, her husband Jim; Darrel, the former Accounts Payable Manager, his wife Linda;  Linda, who is Wally's wife and Wally, who is the one person still working at the DU Bookstore, now run by Follett Higher Education group.  Good to see you all again, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment