Saturday, August 11, 2018

Blood Truth



I just started reading Blood Truth, a Rick Cahill novel by Matt Coyle.  I grabbed this particular advanced reading copy about a year ago because the author's books were recommended on the back cover by C.J. Box and Robert Crais, two of my favorite mystery writers.  When I recently picked up an advanced reading copy of his next novel, I decided it was time to start reading this one.  The series takes place in San Diego, which I have visited a number of times, and so I recognize a lot of the places described in the book.  So far, so good.  Private detective Cahill is trailing a woman for a client and that woman winds up dead in the trunk of a car in his client's office parking lot.  It is a pretty good story so far, and I think I will read the next book in the series when I finish this one.  You have to like a story with "trunk music," after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment