Friday, August 17, 2018

My Annual (Or So) Ontario Nostalgia Blog



For the past five years, I have blogged about my family's annual vacations in Ontario back in the 1950s and 1960s, and today I continue that tradition.  Usually I post a photograph of the entire family taken at a resort called Britannia, located on the Lake of Bays near Huntsville, Ontario.  Since I have used that photo so often, I opened up the old photo album and looked for something different, just for variety's sake.  And I found a photograph very similar to the one I have been posting, the only difference being that my sister Susan and cousin Judy are not in it.  OK.  No problem. Fine by me.  In the photograph above, from left to right, are my maternal Grandmother Louise (born in Saint Eustache, Quebec, I might add), my maternal Grandfather Will, my Aunt Elsie (born in Blackpool, England), her daughter (and my cousin) Linda, my Uncle Bill (my mother's brother), my father Nelson, and my mother Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment