Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Guarding 17th Street


I took the above photograph of a dog planted squarely in the center of the sidewalk, blocking my path, the other day as I was walking along 17th Street toward Lower Downtown Denver. The owners, a couple of millennials, were sitting along the railing of a restaurant patio. As I approached, I took out my camera to take a snapshot, but as soon as I did the damn dog turned away and refused to look me in the eye (or lens, to be exact, which to me is often the same thing). After several failed attempts, it's owners told me it always does that whenever someone tries to take it's photo. They said the only way to get it's attention is to feed it a dozen dog biscuits or so. Since I didn't have even one on me, I gave up, walked around it, and continued my trek downtown. And because of this, this dog will never be a mutt of the month. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment