Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!


Today is Thanksgiving Day, and sadly, it is taking place during a major pandemic, with health experts recommending that no one travel or celebrate with anyone outside your own household. A lot of people are ignoring this advise and getting together anyway. No matter what you yourself decide to do, try to stay safe.  And by the way, almost every Thanksgiving I have been using the same black and white photograph taken at our house in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, back on Thanksgiving Day in the 1950s. However, this year I have decided to start featuring something different. Unfortunately, that old black and white photo is the only one I know for a fact was taken on Thanksgiving Day. And so, I am now forced to feature photographs taken on different holidays, instead. But a holiday is still a holiday, right? And so today I am featuring a photograph of my sister Susan, brother-in-law George, and mother Mary, taken in the dining room of my Denver condo back in 2001.  It might not be Thanksgiving, but I still like it. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment