Sunday, November 29, 2020

Remembering The Good Old Days Back On The South Side Of Chicago...


And no - I was NOT around when the above photograph was taken. I am not sure what year it was, but do know that it features - from left to right - my Uncle Jack, my Grandmother Louise Spillard (my mother Mary's mother), and my Uncle Bill, posing in front of what I assume (perhaps) was the family car, parked in front of their apartment building on the south side of Chicago. My mother was the youngest child, and Grandmother Spillard would often make my uncles take her to nearby Washington Park, which my mother says they bitterly resented. I know I have featured this photograph before, but since I have been writing a blog for over 11 1/2 years now, it could have been posted just last year or a decade ago. Sadly, my memory is not good enough to remember those kind of details anymore. But no matter - it is still a fun photograph worth posting again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment