Monday, November 2, 2020

Lunching With Mark


I had lunch yesterday afternoon with my friend Mark (seen in the photograph above) and his brother Mike in the backyard of their Denver home.  They treated me to Chinese food, which was excellent and just hit the spot. Mike works at the Denver Botanical Gardens and is in charge of the Alpine Garden there. Mark, as regular blog readers know, works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library). Or, to be more precise, he works from home these days due to the pandemic. Mark tells me that DU, which is conducting in person classes this quarter, seems to be weathering the coronavirus quite well, although I have noticed on my infrequent walks through the campus that the Driscoll Center, where the now Follett run University of Denver Bookstore is located, remains closed, and the bookstore is only doing mail order or curbside pickup. That must not be good for their bottom line, although since they have fired all personnel except for the managers, their costs must be way down. As always, a company with a heart of gold. I expect nothing less from that outfit. And I am not just bitter because they laid me off. No way.

No comments:

Post a Comment