Saturday, November 21, 2020

The Cherry Creek Bikepath


It was in the 70s this past Tuesday and Wednesday, but the weather bunnies were predicting colder weather to come, and so I decided to go biking both days to take advantage of the weather while I could. On Tuesday I biked from my condo near the University of Denver to Sloan's Lake and back, and on Wednesday went the opposite direction through upscale residential neighborhoods to the Stanley Marketplace, a very unique shopping mall that was once the home of an airplane factory, located on the grounds of what used to be Denver's Stapleton Airport. On my way home Tuesday, I biked along the Cherry Creek bike path, where I took the above photograph as I passed Lower Downtown Denver. Denver began in 1858 where Cherry Creek meets the Platte River, which is now the location of Confluence Park, where during the summer large numbers of people, mostly poor families, swim and play in the river, which unfortunately is polluted as hell. I am surprised they all don't simply dissolve on the spot once they enter those waters. Of course, during these times of Covid-19, that seems like small potatoes indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment