Sunday, December 20, 2020

Christmas Day! Only Five Days Away!


Since Christmas is almost here, I decided to feature the above photograph from my long distant past. It was taken by my father Nelson of my mother Mary, dog Irma, and myself on Christmas morning in 1963, in the living room of our home in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago. We are posing behind one of my favorite toys, a miniature pool table, which I received as a gift that year. Since I was not quite 11 at the time, one would have hoped that eventually I would have become a skilled pool player and able to make a living as a pool shark. Alas, no. I had a toy gas station, too, but I also never became a service station attendant, not that either career was a desired goal. As I recall, what I wanted was to be a real estate tycoon, but this was before I heard of Donald Trump, who makes a career as a pool shark look much more reputable in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment