Friday, December 18, 2020

Santa Has Left The Building, And He Is Not Coming Back...


Christmas is exactly one week away, a sure sign that it is time to start your holiday shopping. This looming deadline inspired me to visit the retail wonderland known as the Cherry Creek Shopping Center a few days ago. I walked through the place end to end to see what was new, since it is Denver's most exclusive mall, which of course means that I am not a regular shopper there. In the center court, where I took the above self-portrait, I could not help but notice that Santa's Flight Academy - and I have no idea why it is named that - has been set up as usual. However, due to coronavirus restrictions, Santa is not allowed to make an appearance. Which makes sense, since I recently read that in Georgia, 50 children were exposed to the coronavirus after a photo session with Santa and Mrs. Claus, who later tested positive for the virus. No matter - I wasn't planning on visiting Santa, anyway. For some reason, people look at me funny when I get in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment