Tuesday, December 1, 2020

December Has Arrived!


Hard to believe, but today is December 1st. To me, it seems like summer went by in a flash, and now we are fast approaching Christmas and New Years. December, by the way, is Denver's third snowiest month, which means a good possibility of getting some snow here very soon. As I recall, I loved snowstorms as a child, but have since revised my opinion. I took the above photograph from my bedroom window, back in our house in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, in March of 1962, when I was nine years old. It shows our backyard and our garage, the roof of which I used to stand on and watch all the airplanes flying over the house as they landed at nearby Midway airport. I never did realize why all those planes just disappeared one day, being too young to realize the significance of the opening of Chicago's O'Hare Airport. In any case, back then I thought the snow was very pretty, but on the other hand, nine year olds don't have to worry about driving in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment