Thursday, August 5, 2021

Attending A Rockies-Cubs Game With Mark



I went with my friend Mark to Denver's Coors Field to watch the Colorado Rockies play the Chicago Cubs this past Tuesday night. People here are crazy about the Cubs, and most of the fans were rooting for them to win. However, the Cubs just traded away their top three stars, signaling the start of a rebuilding period, and they looked absolutely awful. The Rockies beat them 13-6, and the Rockies are not a very good team. I took the photograph of Mark (on the right) and myself right before the game. We were sitting in the pavilion section in left-center field. I used to sit there a lot when Coors Field first opened. It was the most reasonably priced section on the lower level, which was important, since back then I went to a LOT of games. Not so many these days, but I am, after all, getting old and jaded.




I took the photo on the right as the Cubs relief pitchers were heading for the bullpen in the outfield before the game started. It turns out they would get a lot of work Tuesday night, but despite the lopsided loss, Cub fans were not deterred. As I was walking along the 16th Street Mall yesterday, a full three hours before Wednesday's game time, the street was filled with people wearing Cubs paraphernalia. Before they won the World Series in 2016, the Cubs were known as "lovable losers," and so perhaps all those Cubs fans are just happy to have those lovable losers back. And by the way, the Cubs won Wednesday night's game 3-2. Will miracles never ceases?

No comments:

Post a Comment