Sunday, August 15, 2021

It's August! My Favorite Time Of The Year In Florida!


August was always my favorite month to visit Stuart, Florida. Yes - it is indeed hot and humid, but there is always a nice breeze coming off the ocean at Stuart Beach, and you can get there without suffering through bumper to bumper traffic. Plus, you can go to a Florida State League baseball game and watch the Jupiter Hammerheads play ball from a front row, infield seat, at a fraction of the cost of a major league baseball game. There is no waiting for a table at restaurants, and since it is daylight savings time, you can dine along the water while it is still light out, and take a walk along the beach afterwards. How great is that? And by the way, the above photograph was taken of my mother Mary and sister Susan in front of The Ashley, a popular restaurant many years ago in Old Town Stuart. The building used to be a bank, and was brazenly robbed by the Ashley Gang back in 1915. I myself don't remember that incident, but my sister Susan probably does.

No comments:

Post a Comment