Thursday, August 19, 2021

Little Man Ice Cream


Every time I am in Denver's Lower Highlands neighborhood, I pass by Little Man Ice Cream, which is a neighborhood icon. On weekends, the line to get ice cream winds around the block. It has been such a success that the owners opened up a branch in the now trendy Sloan's Lake neighborhood, and also opened an ice cream shop called the Old Town Churn in Fort Collins. I took the photograph above at the Lower Highlands location on a weekday, when things were a bit slow. In the background can be seen the rooftop deck of Linger, a very popular restaurant located in the former Olinger Mortuary (Get it? Olinger? Linger? But I digress). I myself have only been there once, checking out the view from the rooftop and having a beer underneath the Olinger Mortuary sign. I have to say, however, that to me, locating a restaurant in a former mortuary seems like very bad karma indeed. And people still insist on going there after sunset. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment