Saturday, August 21, 2021

Back To Normal For Denver's RTD?


Since I have retired, I have been using RTD, Denver's Regional Transportation District's system of trains and buses, quite a bit. As a senior citizen, I can buy a 3 hour pass for $1.50, and if I need more time, I can anty up and buy an all day pass for $3.00. During the heart of the pandemic, I was often the only person in the car, since the CDC said riding public transportation was a death trip. However, these days, with vaccines available, people are starting to ride it again, especially during rush hour, and for sports events. The agency has plans to expand 4 of its current lines, one as far as Boulder and Longmont, but after the losses caused by the pandemic, I suspect they will not be completed for years, if ever. However, Amtrak is proposing a train going from Trinidad, Colorado - near the New Mexico border - to Cheyenne, Wyoming, thanks to the quadrillion dollar infrastructure bill being considered by Congress. Hopefully, they will use steam locomotives and old time passenger cars to add a little Western flavor to the trip. I, for one, am definitely on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment