Sunday, August 29, 2021

It's Almost September - Time To View The Aspens!


September is almost here, which is when the Aspen trees in the Colorado mountains change color, motivating thousands of Denver area residents to head up I-70 to those mountains to sightsee and take photographs. Last year I drove up Boreas Pass, just south of Breckenridge, to view the Aspens, but when I got to the top, most of the trees had already lost their leaves. This year, I plan to pay more attention when the newscasters on TV announce what weekend the trees will reach their peak colors. Photographs of leafless trees never seem to have the same cachet. The photograph above, by the way, is of my sister Susan and late brother-in-law George, taken at Rocky Mountain National Park back in September of 1994. As you can see, we hit the mountains just at the right time that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment