Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Visiting With My Ex-Wife Lisa




I had coffee with my ex-wife Lisa yesterday morning at Kaladi Coffee Roasters on East Evans Avenue. Lisa, who lives in San Francisco, is in Denver to go through her late mother Jackie's things, which are stored at her brother's home here. The last time I visited with Lisa was in San Francisco back in January of 2012, just before the University of Denver outsourced the DU Bookstore, where I worked as the Finance Manager, launching me on an exciting 7 year adventure before being eligible to receive full social security benefits. Lisa was kind enough to bring me some wedding photos taken back in October of 1982, including the one on the left featuring my parents, Mary and Nelson, standing next to Lisa and myself. I did not take a photo of Lisa yesterday, since neither of us has changed a bit since that photograph was taken. Remarkable but true.




Lisa is doing well, and getting ready to start teaching music again at the elementary school in the Pacific Heights neighborhood of San Francisco where she works. As ususal, Lisa is keeping busy all the time, singing in choirs, working summers at Muir Woods, and preparing lesson plans for the fall. It was great to catch up with her, both of us updating each other on what has been happening in our lives over the past 9 years. Lisa also gave me the photograph on the right. In the back row, from left to right, are my father Nelson, brother-in-law George, sister Susan, myself, and my mother Mary. In the front row, in the center, is Father Bob Klimek, a friend who directed music at St. Thomas Seminary here in Denver, and who we sadly never heard from again after he left the priesthood. The guys on either side of him are either seminary students, or wedding crashers - I can't remember which after all this time. In any case, it was great to see you again, Lisa! Don't be a stranger the next time you come to Denver!

No comments:

Post a Comment