Wednesday, December 15, 2021

A Bike Ride Before The Storm


Since it was in the mid-sixties and sunny yesterday afternoon, I decided to take a bike ride from my condo across the street from the University of Denver to downtown and back, especially since it is mid-December and I might not have too many more biking opportunities this year. It has been a mild fall here in Denver, but when I got home last night, the weather forecasters were warning that today could be rainy, with hurricane force winds, and wind gusts up to 100 miles per hour in the foothills. They are predicting power outages, massive dust storms, and the end of civilization as we know it. I'm glad I got my ride in when I did. And by the way, in the background of the self-portrait above is the Grant-Humphreys Mansion, owned by History Colorado, and rented out for weddings and other events. It is reputed to be haunted, just like almost every other house in Denver over 100 years old. I have not yet seen any ghosts when biking past it - or seen any ghosts anywhere, for that matter - but continue to have high hopes, just like the hope of one day seeing a moose here in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment