Sunday, December 5, 2021

The Parade Of Lights 2021


I went downtown yesterday evening to watch the Parade of Lights, an annual holiday tradition here in Denver. I have attended this event many times, and usually it is well below freezing before the first float arrives. This year, however, thanks to a very warm fall, it was actually a very pleasant night, and I stayed around until the end of the parade. As can be expected, the crowd was made up mostly of families, taking advantage of a night of free entertainment with the kids. After the parade ended, there was a huge crowd heading down 17th Street toward Union Station, and I had visions of having to wait hours to get a space on the light rail train home. Happily, that wasn't the case. Perhaps the crowd was scared off by recent stories in the news media that the Union Station area has the second highest crime rate in the city, and is filled with drug dealers, addicts, and the lifeless bodies of their many victims. I think that is a slight exaggeration, but if it gets me a seat on the light rail, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment