Thursday, December 9, 2021

Burgers And Beer With Stuart At Old Chicago


I had an early dinner with my friend Stuart at the Old Chicago in Lakewood, Colorado yesterday afternoon. Stuart lives in Lakewood, a suburb just to the west of Denver, and actually likes it there. Personally, I think the place is ugly and boring, but of course, I am used to frequenting hipster hangouts, which Lakewood definitely is not. Usually, we sit upstairs on the rooftop patio, but the patio has been closed since the restaurant reopened after the end of Covid restrictions, due to staff shortages. What I want to know is how all these people who are not returning to the workforce are supporting themselves? Living with their parents? If so, will we have to wait until all those former workers get thrown out of the house by their parents before things get back to normal? And when they do come back, I bet they will all be pretty grumpy. You think service is bad now, just wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment