Wednesday, December 22, 2021

My Annual Christmas Card


I sent out my annual Christmas card this past Saturday, and hopefully it will arrive in everyone's mail box by Christmas Eve, brightening the holiday for all. I started making personalized Xmas cards ever since my mother Mary came to live with me back in 2006, signing both our names to it, and kept up the tradition after she passed away. I do this for several reasons. For one, to let everyone know that my sister Susan and I are still alive. Two, to remind them all that I am indeed still crazy. And three, that I have everyone's addresses and know where they live. Definitely a holiday tradition worth keeping, in my opinion. And by the way, in the back row of the photograph above, from left to right, are my maternal grandparents, Bill and Louise Spillard, my paternal grandparents, Fleta and Claire Hoyt, and moi! In the front row are my mother Mary and father Nelson, my late brother-in-law George, and my sister Susan. In the background of the photograph is my world famous Christmas tree, and the lighted tower of the University of Denver's Ritchie Center, adding to the holiday cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment