Sunday, December 26, 2021

Boxing Day!


Today is Boxing Day, which is an official holiday in the UK, but has nothing to do with boxes, such as the boxed calendars seen in the photograph above. Boxing Day is actually the day servants receive Christmas gifts and a day off from their employers for all the work they have done over the year, including on Christmas Day. I myself do not celebrate Boxing Day in the traditional way, since I had to close up my villa on the French Riviera and lay off the servants, due to Covid-19 restrictions. Instead, I use the day to take advantage of half price calendar sales at places such as Barnes and Noble Bookstores and Go Calendar stores. It was through thrifty techniques such as these that I was actually able to afford that villa. Still another life lesson from a confirmed cheapskate.

No comments:

Post a Comment