Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Waiting For the CTA 2022 Historical Calendar


It is almost time for the CTA 2022 Historical Calendar to be released. This is something I look forward to each year. This calendar is posted by the Chicago Transit Authority to it's website, and can be downloaded to your desktop, or even printed out if preferred. Each month features historic photographs of neighborhoods throughout Chicago, along with various CTA "L" trains, busses, and streetcars. It is fun and free, great for nostalgia freaks like me. And by the way, the photograph above is from the 2021 calendar, and features a mid-1940s view of the Lake Street Elevated Halsted station. I myself took the Lake Street "L" many times when I lived in Forest Park, a suburb just west of Chicago. That was back before the trains were identified by colors instead of place names. And what is the deal with that, CTA?

No comments:

Post a Comment