Wednesday, January 26, 2022

My Mother's 106th Birthday!


Today would have been my mother Mary's 106th birthday if she was still alive today. As I recall, it was hard enough for her to believe she was 93 back when she was staying with me here in Denver, and so being 106 would probably have made her pretty crabby. To celebrate this day, I am featuring a photograph I took of her back in 1979 in Key West, Florida. She was 63 years old at the time, 6 years younger than I am now, and she, my father Nelson, sister Susan and I were taking a mini vacation to the Keys from Stuart, Florida, where my parents had retired to three years earlier. As for Bahama Mamma's, a restaurant in Key West, I suspect it is long gone. And by the way, that was the last time Susan and I were in Key West. I wonder if it has changed any since then? Nah. Probably not. But nevertheless, we'll have to head back down there one of these days and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment