Monday, January 3, 2022

Winter Arrives At Last


Like a lot of places around the country, the weather has remained very mild here in Denver - at least until New Year's Eve, when temperatures plummeted and the snow began to fall. That was, of course, the night of the fireworks displays on the 16th Street Mall - one at nine and one at midnight - which I am sure were just lovely, what with the temperature hovering around zero and the snow blowing around. I did catch the fireworks live on television that night, but was not impressed. I guess you just had to be there. Thank God I wasn't. The photograph above, by the way, is the view from my condo, across the street from the University of Denver, on Saturday morning, when it was a brisk 6 degrees outside. Hard to believe there were actually people getting ready at that very moment for the "polar bear plunge" in Evergreen, in the foothills just to the west of Denver. I suspect they all must be transplants from California. But it does sound invigorating. Perhaps next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment